What is the Center for Survivors?
The Center for Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Survivors, Inc. of Columbus, Nebraska is an agency composed of concerned community members who are united for the purpose of dealing with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault and their families. The Center is primarily concerned with delivery of services, public education, and mobilization of community resources for adult and child survivors of abuse and sexual assault.
The Center provides assistance to Butler, Polk, Platte, Nance, Boone, and Colfax counties in Nebraska. Crisis services are FREE OF CHARGE and confidential.
Funding is provided by grants from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Columbus United Way, various other grants and tax-deductible contributions from individuals and organizations.
We are located in Columbus, Nebraska at 3103 13th Street.
Our service areas include – Boone, Butler, Colfax, Platte, Polk and Nance Counties – The Center was founded in December 1980 and has been in operation for 24 years.
We are a non-profit organization and operate by donations, fundraisers and grant monies.
While our main office is located in Columbus, we also utilize satellite offices to cover the rural counties we serve. Rural office coverage is as follows:
- Boone County –Wednesdays from 10:00am-2:00pm at The Boone County Health Center, Albion
- Butler County –Tuesdays from 9:00am-1:00pm in the JoEllen Vrbka room at the Butler County Health Care Center, David City
- Colfax County – Tuesdays from 10:00am-2:00pm at Municipal Building, 1103 B Street, Schuyler
- Nance County – Tuesdays from 10:00am-2:00pm at the Genoa Medical Facilities, Genoa
- Polk County – Wednesdays from 9:00am-1:00pm at the Annie Jeffery Health Center, Osceola