Women’s Group Meets on Mondays (Excluding the 1st Monday of each month) from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Center for Survivors, 3103 13th Street
How Groups Help Women:
- Provide an open accepting place to share their experiences, free of judgement & criticism.
- Let women know they are not alone, aren’t crazy, and aren’t to be blamed for the abuse.
- Prepare women to face their options, after placing the responsibility for the abuse on the batterer.
- Support from other members help to encourage women to make choices and decisions to improve their lives and the lives of their children.
- Newer group members benefit from hearing success stories, and women who have been in group longer can benefit from positive attention and recognition of how far they have truely come.
Goals of a Support Group:
- Provide education on domestic violence and types of abuse
- Work on safety planning
- Cultural sensitivity
- Empowerment of members ie. hooking her up with resources, supporting her choices, meeting her where she is at
- Emotional support
- Each member can teach and learn from each other
- Develop cohesiveness
- Safe place to ventilate feelings
- Learn new ways to deal with old issues
**If you have any questions call the Center at 402-564-2155**